HENRY CAVILL: May Be Out as Superman
Henry Cavill may longer play Superman on the big screen. The Hollywood Reporter says the British actor is parting ways with Warner Bros.
The news outlet says, "Warners had been trying to enlist Cavill...for a Superman cameo in Shazam!, which stars Zachary Levi... But contract talks between Cavill's WME reps and Warners broke down, and the door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances."
The studio has reportedly "shifted its focus" to a Supergirl movie and Warners probably won't do another solo Superman film for at least several years. A source says, "Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors."
But in a statement, Warners says that "no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films."
Cavill played the hero in 2013's Man of Steel, 2016's Batman v. Superman and last year's Justice League.
A SIMPLE FAVOR (Thriller)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? A mommy blogger seeks to uncover the truth behind her best friend's sudden disappearance from their small town.
WHO'S IN IT? Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively, Henry Golding
- Based on the 2017 novel of the same name by Darcey Bell.
- 20th Century Fox bought the film rights to the novel before it was published.
- Henry Golding also stars in Crazy Rich Asians.
WHITE BOY RICK (Drama)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? The story of teenager Richard Wershe Junior, who became an undercover informant for the FBI during the 1980s and was ultimately arrested for drug-trafficking and sentenced to life in prison.
WHO'S IN IT? Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Bel Powley, Rory Cochrane, Bruce Dern
- The true story came to the public's attention in a 2014 article in The Atavist magazine.
- The release date was changed twice. It was originally scheduled to come out January 12th.
- The budget was $29 million.
THE PREDATOR (Sci-Fi/Action)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? When a young boy accidentally triggers the universe's most lethal hunters' return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.
WHO'S IN IT? Yvonne Strahovski, Olivia Munn, Jacob Tremblay, Sterling K. Brown, Thomas Jane, Boyd Holbrook, Jake Busey, Edward James Olmos, Keegan-Michael Key
- This is the fourth movie in the Predator series, not including the two Alien vs. Predator films.
- The first film opened in 1987.
- A scene featuring an actor who was a registered sex offender and pal of director Shane Black was cut from the film.
- Star Olivia Munn, who alerted Fox of the sex offender, says she's been shunned by her co-stars.
UNBROKEN: PATH TO REDEMPTION (Drama)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? Details the next chapter of Olympian and World War II hero Louis Zamperini's true story of forgiveness, redemption and amazing grace.
WHO'S IN IT?
- A sequel to Unbroken (2014), directed by Angelina Jolie.
- Directed by Harold Cronk.
- Based on Laura Hillenbrand's bestselling book of the same name.
*Wrestling legend Ric Flair wed longtime fiancee Wendy Barlow on Wednesday at a resort in North Florida, TMZ reports. This is Ric's fifth marriage.
*James Marsden and Ed Asner have joined the cast of the upcoming Netflix series Dead to Me. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini have already been announced for the dark comedy that Variety describes as "about a powerful friendship that blossoms between a tightly wound widow and a free spirit with a shocking secret."
*Netflix has renewed the controversial series Insatiable for a second season.
The Black Eyed Peas Announce First Album Without Fergie -
The Black Eyed Peas are getting ready to drop their first album in eight years.
It's called “Masters of the Sun,” and it comes out on October 12th. It is their first record without frontwoman Fergie, who left the group earlier this year. The Black Eyed Peas also released a new single yesterday called “Big Love.” Of the track the guys say, “It’s all that we are. All that we’re made of.”
It’s their third new song this year, following “Ring the Alarm, “ “Get It,” and “Constand Part One and Two.”
JEFF FAGER: 60 Minutes Producer Exits
CBS has lost another bigwig.
60 Minutes executive producer Jeff Fager has stepped down amid accusations of inappropriate conduct -- just days after the network's head honcho Les Moonves resigned.
In a statement, CBS News president David Rhodes said that "this action today is not directly related to the allegations surfaced in press reports, which continue to be investigated independently. However, he violated company policy and it is our commitment to uphold those policies at every level."
In a statement, Fager said CBS "terminated my contract early because I sent a text message to one of our own CBS reporters demanding that she be fair in covering the story."
But Fager was also accused of groping an intern in a New Yorker story by Ronan Farrow.