New “Police Academy” Movie Is In The Works -
A fan question to Steve Guttenberg on Twitter has resulted in some happy fans.
On Monday, a London fan asked Guttenberg if a new movie in the “Police Academy” series could be made in London. The actor’s response was "Adam , the next ’Police Academy’ is coming, no details yet, but it is in a gift bag being readied!"
The 60-year-old actor played Carey Mahoney in the first four films about a rag-tag group of police recruits as they go on to fight crime. Our question is will Mahoney be a Comandante?
Die Hard 6 has a new title. The name of the action flick has been changed from Die Hard: Year One to McClane. The Bruce Willis film will follow both the present-day John McClane and a younger version of the hero.
Dave Bautista may be done with the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. The actor, who plays Drax, tells British TV personality Jonathan Ross that he doesn't know if he wants "to work for Disney” after James Gunn was fired. Bautista says he's "not really happy with what they’ve done" with the director. (The Wrap)
1. Crazy Rich Asians - $28.3 million
2. The Meg - $13.4 million
3. Mission: Impossible - Fallout - $9.1 million
4. Operation Finale - $7.8 million
5. Searching - $7.7 million
(Totals are for the four-day Labor Day weekend)
Crazy Rich Asians continues to make crazy money at the box office. The rom-com earned another $28.3 million during the four-day holiday weekend, keeping it at number-one for a third straight weekend. The flick has now earned $110.8 million.
The Meg remained in second with $13.4 million. The shark movie has now made $120.5 million.
Mission: Impossible - Fallout climbed from fourth to third with $9.1 million.
Operation Finale, a historical drama starring Oscar Isaac and Ben Kingsley, opened in fourth with $7.8 million.
After going into wide release, the thriller Searching jumped from 22nd to fifth with $7.7 million.
Ellen Announces A Standup Special On Netflix -
Ellen DeGeneres is making her way back into stand-up comedy after a 15-year hiatus .
The Netflix special is called “Relatable”, and it debuts on December 18th. DeGeneres announced it during the premiere of her talk show's 16th season yesterday. The multifaceted DeGeneres explained to her audience, “I didn’t do stand-up for 15 years and I decided … I just all of a sudden was like, I miss stand-up, I want to do it. So I made a deal with Netflix, and I was working on stand-up all summer.”
There’s A New “Law & Order” Coming -
“L&O” fans, get ready!A new Law and Order series in the works.
It's called “Law and Order: Hate Crimes,” and it's inspired by the New York City hate crimes task force. The show comes from longtime NBC producer Dick Wolf. Thirteen episodes have been ordered, but there is no premiere date yet.
Word is we’ll get a first glimpse of the show during the upcoming season of “Law & Order: SVU.” There’s no word on casting.
Source: Rolling Stone
Jeff Garlin has filed for divorce from his wife of 24 years, Marla. The Goldbergs star cites irreconcilable differences. The couple has two adult children together. (TMZ)
Henry Cavill has been tapped to star in Netflix's eight-episode adaptation of The Witcher books.
Harrison Ford and Lady Gaga will receive this year’s Artists Inspiration Awards at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation's third annual Patron of the Artists Awards on November 8th.
- Some fans think the Playboy Model Shauna Sexton is linked to Ben Affleck’s recent trip back to rehab
- The model clapped back at the rumors in response to fan comments on her Instagram because remember he was seen hanging out with her a few times days before he was driven to rehab by Jennifer Garner... Shauna is 22
- She says that not only has she “never drank around or with him,” but also her own past with alcohol has nothing to do with Ben’s relapse
THE BACHELOR: Colton Underwood is the Man
The new season of The Bachelor has its leading man. Colton Underwood, the former football player who previously appeared on The Bacheloretteand Bachelor in Paradise, is hoping that his third time's a charm.
The selection was made official today on Good Morning America. Underwood first appeared on season 14 of The Bachelorette but failed to capture Becca Kufrin's heart. Fans also remember him for opening up on the show about being a virgin.
The 26-year-old, who was signed by the San Diego Chargers in 2014 but has since failed to make an NFL squad, told Michael Strahan this morning that he hopes The Bachelor ends with an engagement. He says, "That's what I'm looking forward to the most, is being engaged and getting married shortly after that."
The 23rd season of The Bachelor returns to ABC in January.
Talk About It:
- He's the right choice. Fans of the show really like him.
- His bachelorettes have not yet been announced.
- He previously dated Olympian Aly Raisman.
- A 26-year-old virgin?
Asia Argento says she won't continue to pay off Jimmy Bennett, the actor who's accused her of sexual assault.
In a response to Bennett's claims, Argento's lawyer Mark Jay Heller admitted that her late ex-boyfriend, Anthony Bourdain, agreed to pay Bennett $380,000 to keep quiet about the alleged incident -- but “now that Mr. Bourdain has passed away and is not able to comment on his desire to avoid potential scandal … Asia will not permit any portion of the balance of the $380,000 payment to be paid to Bennett who has already received $250,000 from Anthony Bourdain.”
Heller also denies that Argento had a sexual relationship with Bennett, claiming, “Her relationship with Bennett was never sexual, but rather the relationship was a long distance friendship over many years.”
The actor, now 22, has accused Argento of coercing him into a sexual relationship when he was 17.
Kevin Spacey, Steven Seagal and Anthony Anderson won't face charges for alleged sexual assaults.
For Spacey and Seagal, the L.A. County D.A. declined to file charges because both of their cases took place in the early '90s, beyond the statute of limitations. Spacey is still under investigation for a new sexual assault case in L.A., according to TMZ.
Anthony Anderson was accused of assaulting a woman earlier this year, but TMZ says the D.A.'s office "rejected the case Friday, deciding not to charge him with anything because the woman refused to cooperate and there was not enough evidence to go forward." The Black-ish star denied the claim.
Onetime Cosby Show actor Geoffrey Owens is speaking out after being job-shamed over the weekend for working at a Trader Joe's.
Owens was recognized working the register at a Trader Joe's in New Jersey and someone shared a photo of him on social media, which was then picked up by The Daily Mail and FOX News. Today (Tuesday), Owens appeared on Good Morning America and said he felt the photo was being used to job-shame him.
Owens admitted that he did not react well at first, but then he received an outpouring of support. Wearing his Trader Joe's name tag, he told Robin Roberts, "I really want to thank everybody out there: family, friends, Hollywood community and the general public for the incredible support, the amazing support and positivity that they’ve shown for me. It’s quite astounding, it's very encouraging."
Owens, who played Bill Cosby's son-in-law Elvin on The Cosby Show, says he's been acting, directing and teaching for the past 30 years, and has been working at Trader Joe's to make ends meet. He added, "No one has to feel sorry for me, I'm doing fine." (TMZ)
Talk About It:
- He chose to work at Trader Joe's to make ends meet and to have the flexibility to pursue acting and directing jobs.
- Shame on people to insinuate he's unsuccessful or a loser for working at a grocery store.
- Hopefully the silver lining to this story will come in some new publicity and exposure for him. It doesn't hurt Trader Joe's either.
- Lots of actors piped up online with stories of ordinary jobs they worked when the roles weren't there for them.