After 27 seasons of baby-daddy reveals, fistfights and chair-throwing, The Jerry Springer Show is calling it quits.
NBC Universal has reportedly decided to shut down the show which has been on the air since 1991 and has produced 4,000 episodes. Springer himself told Entertainment Tonight, "We've stopped production of the show." But Springer added that the CW Network will continue to air older episodes and even some new episodes that have already been taped.
Source: Chicago Tribune
JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (Action)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.
WHO'S IN IT? Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jeff Goldblum, James Cromwell, Geraldine Chaplin, Toby Jones
- The budget has been estimated at $170 to 187 million.
- The movie has already made $372.1 million in two weeks overseas.
- This is the fifth installment in the Jurassic Park series and the second movie in the rebooted Jurassic World trilogy.
- Jeff Goldblum is reprising his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm from the first two films.
ON TV TONIGHT:
- The Gong Show (season premiere) Celebrity judges Fred Armisen, Will Arnett and Rita Wilson. (ABC)
- Match Game (season premiere) Kenan Thompson, Niecy Nash, Thomas Lennon, Caroline Rhea, Mark Duplass and Constance Zimmer. (ABC)
- Take Two (season premiere) An actress shadows a private investigator as part of a plan to restart her career. (ABC)
The ex-wife of Grey’s Anatomy actor Jesse Williams is owed 100-grand in child and spousal support – every month of the year.
The judge in Los Angeles Superior Court cited his “extraordinarily high” salary as one reason she's due so much. Williams earns half a million per month before taxes and paying his manager. The court had already required Williams to pay 50-grand in child support. This week’s ruling piled on another 50-grand to support his ex-wife, Aryn Drake-Lee.
She’s demanded sole custody of their two children because his (quote) “unpredictably busy work schedule and a revolving door of intimate partners.” (Us Weekly)
Talk About It:
- She’s not wrong about Williams fooling around. He’s had two steady girlfriends, including Minka Kelly, since the separation.
- These two have been fighting in court for 15 months. We haven’t even begun to see the ugliest it can get.
- Kevin Federline is thinking “How do I get that kind of money out of Britney Spears?” Her ex-husband gets “only” 20,000 monthly in support.
*The Walt Disney Company is back on track in acquiring 21st Century Fox. The two companies have struck a new merger agreement, according to ARS Technica. This comes after Disney outbid Comcast, agreeing to buy Fox for $71.3 billion in cash and stock. Comcast had offered Fox $65 billion in cash, topping Disney's previous deal to buy the movie company for $52.4 billion in stock.
*Lucasfilm has put its Star Wars spinoff movies on hold, according to Collider. Movies focusing on Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boba Fett were in early development, but the disappointing box office of Solo has allegedly put any further spinoffs in jeopardy.
*Former WWE superstar Vader has died from congestive heart failure, TMZ reports. He was 63. Before wrestling, Vader, whose real name was Leon White, played for the Rams in Super Bowl XIV against the Steelers.
*Austin Powers Reboot? - It's been 21 years since the first Austin Powers movie debuted, but the star of the spoof spy franchise, Mike Myers, said he still gets asked by fans on the street to say the film's signature catchphrase: "Yeah, baby!" The Canadian funnyman told Good Morning America that the likelihood of another "Austin Powers" film is "looking good."
One of my favorite reality shows is Vanderpump Rules on Bravo, well there's a guy on there and he's just a butt, he cheats on all of his girlfriends, he drinks too much, has a big ego but you can help but love him somehow! The Columbus Zoo just annouced their named their new baby vervet monkey after him. Jax Taylor is 10 weeks old.
Prince William, royalty (36)
Chris Pratt, actor (39)
Juliette Lewis, actress (45)
Meredith Baxter, actress (71)