Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are returning nearly $10 million worth of wedding gifts.
The Royal Family rules are explicit about the appearance of influence-peddling. A panel inside the Palace decided which gifts the Royal Couple could keep and which had to be returned or donated to charities.
Hundreds of companies loaded Meghan with freebies in hopes they’d get free publicity. In England, they call it the “Markle Sparkle” effect. Clothing, shoes, and accessories sell out the same day she wears a fashion designer.
Prince Harry and Meghan named seven charities they wished friends would donate to. They also established a private wedding registry for family and close associates. As if she needed a gravy boat, toaster oven and crockpot. (Daily Mail)
Talk About It:
- What more could Prince Harry possibly need that he doesn’t already have in his 21-room apartment at Kensington Palace?
- The staff will pack and ship the returned items. Heck, Meghan and Harry probably never saw the stuff that they don’t get to keep.
- Australia honored the Royal Couple by naming a pair of Koalas at the Taronga Zoo after them.
- 10 million sounds like a lot in gifts, until you learn that seven years ago, Prince William and Kate Middleton returned 40 million dollars worth of wedding gifts.
- That's a signal of how much more significant William is to his little brother who will never ever inherit the British throne.
John Cena: He's back together with Nikki Bella after the pair called off their engagement a month and a half ago.
Samantha Bee: She apologized for her insult of Ivanka Trump, which the White House called "vile and vicious."
Sears: The retailer is closing 72 more stores as it continues to struggle financially.
#SpellingBee: Karthik Nemmani won the 2018 Scripps National Spelling Bee by correctly spelling "koinonia." (Look for audio in TV Drops)
Roseanne Will Talk About Her Tweet On A Podcast -
Joe Rogan is going to let Roseanne Barr say her peace on his podcast.
Roseanne says she'll talk online today about the racist tweet that got her show cancelled. ABC cancelled the rebooted hit TV show "Roseanne" after she made a joke on Twitter Tuesday comparing one of Barack Obama's former top advisers to an ape. On Wednesday she defended the tweet, and said it wasn't racist. Barr said she would discuss the tweet today on Rogan’s online show.
Ambien will also be a topic, since she suggested that the medication didn’t help the tweeting situation any.
Source: Pop Culture
Matt LeBlanc will leave Top Gear after the BBC show's next series. The Friends star joined the auto show in 2016 after the departure of hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
Production has begun on Top Gun 2. Tom Cruise tweeted a picture of himself back in his flight suit with the words "Feel the Need." The sequel opens July 12th, 2019.
Dr. Diesel? Yep. Star Vin Diesel received an honorary Ph.D from Hunter College of the City University of New York on Wednesday. The former English major left the school 30 years to pursue his a career in Hollywood. (TMZ)
Jason Momoa’s remake of The Crow isn't happening any time soon. The star took to Instagram Thursday to tell fans that the project, which had been slated to open in 2019, has fallen apart. Still, Jason says he's still willing to play the character.
Former talk-show host Montel Williams was hospitalized Wednesday after suffering a "medical emergency" during a workout, TMZ reports. The 61-year-old is expected to make a full recovery.
- 2018 NBA Finals Game 2 of the NBA Finals goes between the Cavaliers and the Warriors from Oracle Arena. (ABC)