- Tyler Perry is donating a million dollars to the Hurricane Harvey relief effort.
- He’s giving a quarter million dollars each to Beyoncé’s church and Pastor Joel Osteen.
- Perry claims he’s giving to the Lakewood Church’s pastor in an act of good faith.
- He joins Leonardo DiCaprio, Sandra Bullock and Rachael Ray.
*Justin Bieber is the first Male Musician to hit 100 Million Twitter followers, Katy Perry was the first but even Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Lady Gaga don't have that many
Amy Schumer is at it again, she ate a place called The Union Oyster House and left a $500 tip on an $80 tab, the server was a college student who I'm sure appreciate it! She said that she was once a waittress and knows how hard it can be.
Names of Dancing With the Stars competitors have begun to leak. ABC officially introduces the cast next week on Good Morning America. Here’s the celebrities we know will take to the dance floor with the hopes of winning the Mirrorball trophy.
Frankie Muniz -- TMZ photographed the Malcolm in the Middle actor at rehearsal.
Nick and Vanessa Lachey -- For the second time a married couple will compete.
Nikki Bella -- Pro wrestler got engaged earlier this year to John Cena at WrestleMania 33.
Barbara Corcoran -- ABC cross-promotes Shark Tank with the help of this investor.
Derek Fisher -- The former NBA all-star and coach looks to rehab his reputation following a DUI arrest in June.
Jordan Fisher -- Disney Channel alum and Broadway performer in the musical Hamilton.
Drew Scott -- One of the Property Brothers.
Victoria Arlen -- ESPN sportscaster and Paralympian. Only last year did Victoria learn to walk. She spent a decade in a wheelchair, paralyzed by a four-year coma. (E! News)
Talk About It:
- The 25th season of Dancing With the Stars arrives September 18th.
- Athletes have a strong record of winning. An early frontrunner would have to be either Nikki or Derek.
- Derek Fisher is the Ryan Lochte [pr; lock-TEE] of 2017. A scandal-riddled athlete reaching for redemption.
- Can ABC find a Texan to help highlight Hurricane recovery efforts in the coming months?
- Rumors swirled that a former White House staffer like Sean Spicer or Anthony Scaramucci might join the competition.
With relief efforts in full swing in Texas, country singer Miranda Lambert is looking after the four-legged friends in need of help.
Over the past three days, Miranda’s MuttNation charity has saved 233 pets. MuttNation trucked these animals out the flood zone to Texas A&M for medical treatment. The healthiest ones got shipped to an Oklahoma rescue shelter.
The goal is to find these pets homes. Ideally with their previous owners. Many of these pets were simply abandoned as people fled the floods.
Miranda leads the way in adopting these pets. She took one home and tweeted, (quote) “My roommates tonight sure are cute! Mama and newborns that were born this morning. I'm calling her Ashley.” (People)
Talk About It:
- America is a wealthy nation. There are enough resources to rescue humans and pets.
- Human life takes priority, though caring for the animals is important because they don’t have a voice.
- Texas ranchers moved cattle on horseback from the floods to higher ground.
- Have you seen the photos from the shelters of mountains of diapers, towels and 20-pound dog food bags?
- Miranda’s ex-husband, Blake Shelton, joined the A-list team hosting a telethon on September 12th taking place in Los Angeles, New York and Nashville.