*Johnny Depp sued The Management Group in January for $25 million, alleging fraud and negligence. He also accused the firm of failing to file his taxes on time and taking out high-interest loans
• Depp claimed that TMG led him to be more than $40 million in debt. In a countersuit, the actor's ex-managers cited Depp's lavish lifestyle as the cause of his financial downfall.
• "Why didn't they drop me as a client if I was so out of control?...I've worked very, very hard for a lot of years and trusted a lot of people, some who've clearly let me down." Depp
• "It's my money," Depp said. "If I want to buy 15,000 cotton balls a day, it's my thing."
*New information in the Chris Soules case...He was driving in his pickup truck and crashed into a guy driving a tractor on the road, the guy he hit was killed...but the 9-1-1 tapes have been released and Chris did call authorities, he was breathing heavily, apparently emotional as he tells the dispatcher what happened in the collision. He said “There’s no address,” ...The Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to PEOPLE on Tuesday that Soules was arrested at 1:16 a.m. on Tuesday and charged with leaving the scene of a fatal car accident.....NOW Cops are checking his phone and seeing if he was driving distracted, they are looking at phone calls, texts, photos, and social media posts. Soules loved taking photos of sunsets and showing them off on his now deleted Twitter and Instagram accounts
*Bethenny Frankel’s ex-husband, Jason Hoppy, will have to endure a trial this summer to face stalking and harassment charges brought against him by his ex-wife
• The pharmaceutical sales executive, 46, appeared in a Manhattan courtroom on Tuesday, April 26, and the judge ordered that Frankel’s prior restraining order against Hoppy will stay in effect.
• Frankel claimed that her ex said, “You can play your game. It doesn’t matter. You can get 10 lawyers. There’s nothing you can do to stop me. You’ll be sorry.”
*Paris Jackson is on the cover of Vanity Fair and she's was named their "It Girl" of the month. She says she's an aspiring model and actress and she says a musical career is not off the table she does like to sing and play instruments...but I love what it also says, it says she also would like to be an astronaut, a veterinarian and a nurse. She just wants to make a difference. She's 19 so the world is her oyster!
Johnny Depp reprised his role as Captain Jack Sparrow Wednesday night and surprised riders on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland.
Depp replaced the usual animatronic version of the character and interacted with riders as they sailed by. Many shared videos of the unexpected encounter on Twitter, with one woman writing, "You know those little Disney myths like… Johnny Depp will dress up as Jack Sparrow and sit in the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride? Well…”
Depp will be back as the swashbuckling pirate in the fifth installment of the saga, Dead Men Tell No Tales, which opens May 26th. (People)
TODAY'S TV PREMIERES: #LasChicasDelCable (Netflix), #InsideTheFBI (USA), #ThePresidentShow (Comedy Central), #FireIsland (Logo), #Beerland (Viceland)
It's #TakeYourDaughterToWork. & sons!
TWITTER BIRTHDAY SHOUT-OUTS
Celebs with #birthdays today: Sheena Easton & Ace Frehley
Jack Klugman would have turned 95 today. #HappyBirthday
Casey Kasem would have turned 85 today. #HappyBirthday
*THE CIRCLE (Sci-Fi)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? A woman lands a dream job at a powerful tech company called the Circle, only to uncover a nefarious agenda that will affect the lives of her friends, family and that of humanity.
WHO'S IN IT? Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Karen Gillan, Patton Oswalt, Glenne Headly, Bill Paxton
- Based on the best-selling book by Dave Eggers.
- The Circle marks Bill Paxton's final movie appearance. The star died in February.
- The lead role of Mae was first offered to Alicia Vikander, but she chose to do Jason Bourne instead.
*HOW TO BE A LATIN LOVER (Comedy)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? A man who made a career of seducing rich older women must move in with his estranged sister, where he begins to learn the value of family.
WHO'S IN IT? Eugenio Derbez, Salma Hayek, Rob Lowe, Kristen Bell, Raquel Welch
- Is opening in only 1000 theaters.
- The film directorial debut of comedian Ken Marino.