*Harrison Ford will not be disciplined by the FAA for his taxiway landing. The FAA determined no disciplinary action was warranted, adding, "Mr. Ford retains his pilot's certificate without restriction."
*Mel B Gets Restraining Order Against Estranged Husband-Scary Spice is saying her marriage was more than scary, it was terrifying.
The former Spice Girl successfully got an order of protection against Stephen Belafonte yesterday. The allegations include Belafonte choking her on the night of her “Dancing With The Stars” finale, him being obsessed with three ways and extorting her into having them, getting their nanny pregnant, and even punching her in the face when he found out she was working with Usher on “X Factor.”
Belafonte denies all the accusations.
Jamie Lynn Spears, sister of Britney (26)
Heath Ledger, died in 2008, would have been 38 today
David Blaine, magician (44)
Jill Scott, R&B singer and actress (44)
Nancy McKeon, "Jo" on Facts of Life (51)
Robert Downey Jr., actor (52)
Craig T. Nelson, Coach actor (71)
Clive Davis, music exec (85)
*President Donald Trump has been the butt of many late-night TV jokes. Now he's getting his late-night show. Or at least a Trump impressionist is. The President Show, with Anthony Atamanuik portraying the Commander in Chief, will air Thursday nights at 11:30 p.m. on Comedy Central, starting April 27th.
*A judge has rejected a motion by Roman Polanski's lawyers, who said the director was willing to return to the U.S. if he was assured he wouldn't serve more time in jail, according to the BBC. Polanski fled the country before sentencing in his 1978 statutory rape case.
*Olivia Wilde will make her Broadway debut in 1984. The production, starring also starring Tom Sturridge and Reed Birney, opens in June.
There's one movie out on video today that everyone will be ordering, and one that, well, maybe the stars of the film will.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is the tale of how the Rebel Alliance got the plans for the Death Star that Luke Skywalker destroyed in A New Hope. Felicity Jones is Jyn Erso, a drifter who actually has strong family ties to the rebels and who becomes the leader of a ragtag group plotting to obtain the plans. Diego Luna is Cassian Andor, a rebel spy who partners with her. The film ends with the plans being handed to a CGI Princess Leia.
- The R-rated comedy Office Christmas Party stars Jason Bateman, TJ Miller, Jennifer Aniston and Olivia Munn. The plan is to throw a rager to impress a client and save an office branch from being shuttered.
TV that's new to video includes the fifth season of the classic Diff'rent Strokes, season 18 of Silent Witness and season five of the English DCI Banks.
* When Verizon finally completes its $4.5 billion acquisition of Yahoo and merges the business with AOL, it plans to rename the combined company Oath.
• Confirmation of the new name seems to indicate that Verizon's acquisition of Yahoo is back on track following the disclosure last fall of two large data breaches that have held up the transactions
• It is unclear if the name change means that Verizon will retire the AOL and Yahoo brands. If so, it would mean the end for two of the biggest internet brands of the first dot com boom.
“Avatar 2” Shooting Beings This Fall-After a long wait, “Avatar” fans are going to get their sequel.
Sigorney Weaver couldn’t contain her excitement and told “The Hollywood Reporter,” “We’re starting! We’re starting training, and we’re starting — hmm, I probably can’t say anything. We will be actually shooting it by the fall.”
James Cameron has already said the scripts for the four movies are complete. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are set to return too.
Weaver says the movies are well worth the wait.