It's official! Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are confirmed to return for a third Bill & Ted movie.
In a statement, the duo said today (Tuesday), “We couldn’t be more excited to get the whole band back together again. Chris and Ed wrote an amazing script, and with Dean at the helm, we’ve got a dream team”
Bill & Ted Face the Music is in pre-production, with a script from franchise’s creators Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. Dean Parisot will direct.
According to Deadline, "The new movie will see the two best friends as middle-aged men with family responsibilities who have yet to fulfill their destiny... Out of luck and inspiration, Bill and Ted set out on another time-travel adventure — with the help of their daughters, a new crop of historical figures and some sympathetic music legends — to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe as we know it."
The movie follows Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (1989) and Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey (1991).
Talk About It:
- Excellent idea?
- Keanu certainly isn't desperate for roles. He's also making the third John Wick movie.
- In recent years, Alex Winter has moved behind the camera. He directed an upcoming Frank Zappadocumentary.
*Honestly, it's too nice out to worry about what's new to video this week. But if you insist...
- Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan are back in Fifty Shades Freed, the final installment of the erotic-thriller trilogy. The newly married couple deal with parenthood as only E.L. James could do it.
Not much TV that's new to video, either. Season one of Dear White People is a highlight, along with a couple classics -- the final season of Police Woman and season four of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In.
Scarlett Johansson has defended wearing a Marchesa gown to the Met Gala.
The actress raised a few eyebrows when she hit the red carpet Monday night in a dress from the brand co-founded by Harvey Weinstein's ex-wife Georgina Chapman.
In a statement to People magazine, the actress said, “I wore Marchesa because their clothes make women feel confident and beautiful and it is my pleasure to support a brand created by two incredibly talented and important female designers.”
When the Weinstein scandal first broke, many celebs stopped wearing Marchesa at events since Chapman's brand has benefited from its association with the mogul.
- Some of Hollywood's biggest names can make some big bucks off their movies.
- Actors can reportedly make upward of $20-million per movie.
- The reported list of salaries has been revealed.
Here's the list in descending order:
- Daniel Craig- “Bond 25” (2019) - $25M
- Dwayne Johnson- “Red Notice” (2020) - $22M
- Vin Diesel - “The Fate of the Furious” (2017) - $20M
- Anne Hathaway - “Barbie” (2020) - $15M
- Jennifer Lawrence- “Red Sparrow” (2018) - $15M
- Seth Rogen - “Flarsky” (2019) - $15M
- Tom Cruise - “The Mummy” (2017) - $11-$13M
- Harrison Ford - “Indiana Jones 5” (2020) - $10-$12M
- Sandra Bullock - “Minions” (2015) - $10M
- Leonardo DiCaprio - “Once Upon a Time In Hollywood” (2019) - $10M
- Robert Downey Jr. - “Spider-Man: Homecoming” (2017) - $10M
- Kevin Hart - “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (2017) - $10M
- Chris Pratt - “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” (2018) - $10M
- Emily Blunt - “Jungle Cruise” (2019) - $8-$10M
- Bryce Dallas Howard - “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) - $8M
- Tom Hardy - “Venom” (2018) - $7M
- Ryan Gosling - “First Man” (2018) - $6.5M
- Jack Black - “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (2017) - $5M
- Michael B. Jordan - “Creed 2” (2018) - $3-$4M
- Ethan Hawke - “The Purge” (2013) - $2M
*Teen Wolf star Colton Haynes and his husband, Jeff Leatham, are getting divorced. According to TMZ, Colton filed the docs today (Tuesday) in Los Angeles only six months after they wed in a star-studded ceremony officiated by Kris Jenner.
*Geena Davis's husband has filed for divorce after 16 years of marriage. Reza Jarrahy cited "irreconcilable differences." The couple has three children together. (TMZ)
*Burt Reynolds has the joined the cast of Quentin Tarantino's next movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. He joins Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio in the Charles Manson flick. (Deadline)
*NBC has renewed AP Bio, starring Glenn Howerton and Patton Oswalt, for a second season, while the CW has canceled the Lucy Hale drama Life Sentence after one season.
Grace Gummer, actress (32)
Audrina Patridge, The Hills star (33)
Chris Zylka, actor (33)
Rosario Dawson, actress (39)
John Corbett, Sex and the City actor (57)
Billy Joel, singer/songwriter (69)
Candice Bergen, actress (72)
James L. Brooks, Simpsons producer (78)
Albert Finney, actor (82)