READY PLAYER ONE (Sci-Fi)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune.
WHO'S IN IT? Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, Mark Rylance, Ben Mendelsohn, TJ Miller, Mckenna Grace
- Based on the bestselling novel by Ernest Cline.
- The movie is full of pop culture references.
- This is director Steven Spielberg's first action-fantasy film since The Adventures of Tintin (2011).
- The budget was $175 million.
TYLER PERRY'S ACRIMONY (Drama)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? A faithful wife tired of standing by her devious husband is enraged when it becomes clear she has been betrayed.
WHO'S IN IT? Taraji P. Henson, Lyriq Bent, Danielle Nicolet, Jazmyn Simon
- The movie was shot around Pittsburgh and Atlanta.
- The budget was $20 million.
- The word "acrimony" trended on Merriam-Webster's website because people didn't know what the word means. (Complex)
- For the record, "acrimony" means "anger and bitterness: harsh or biting sharpness especially of words, manner, or feelings."
GOD'S NOT DEAD: A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? Pastor Dave responds to the unimaginable tragedy of having his church, located on the grounds of the local university, burned down.
WHO'S IN IT? Jennifer Taylor, John Corbett, Tatum O'Neal, Ted McGinley, Shane Harper, David A.R. White
- The third movie in the God's Not Dead series.
- Filmed in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- "Roseanne" returned to monster ratings
- 18.2-million viewers watched the show
- higher among total viewers than its 1997 finale - 21 years ago!
- I heard on the Wendy Williams show that is was Darlene Sara Gilbert's idea to do the reunion which I'm so glad she did.
Malala Returns Home For A Visit -
Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai [[ MAH-la-la you-SOFF-zye ]] is back in Pakistan for the first time since the Taliban tried to assassinate her more than five years ago.
The 20-year-old activist for educating girls and women arrived secretly today and was taken to a hotel in Islamabad under heavy security. She's scheduled to meet with the prime minister and other officials as part of a four-day visit. Yousafzai is now a student at Oxford University in England.
She's the youngest person ever awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, which she received when she was 17. At 15 a Taliban gunman shot her in the head as she rode a bus home from school. She was taken to England for treatment and has lived there ever since.
Steven Spielberg Shoots Down Carl’s Jr For Trying To Show Him Love -
A legendary director may be a little uptight about how his name is used.
Protecting your brand is important to Steven Spielberg, and he shot down a burger joint for trying to celebrate his latest movie. “Ready Player One” is Spielberg’s next hit and Carl’s Jr wanted to celebrate at a Los Angeles location. So they tweeted they changed the name of a charbroiled burger the director likes to the “Spielburger.”
In one of the tweets they put out, the fast food haven noted "Spielberg hasn't signed off yet, but we assume he's cool with it." Well, you know what they say about assume! Spielberg was NOT down with that.
He posted a cease and desist request via video on Twitter. That’s when the chain spokesman stepped in to say "SpielBurgers are not a menu item at Carl's Jr. locations. This was a social stunt from the brand to try and get the attention of Spielberg and his team to celebrate the launch of 'Ready Player One.'"
FYI, someone at Carl’s Jr should get a raise. There have been over 1.4 million views of the Spielberg video. Not bad!
*Shaquille O’Neal is the (maybe proud) owner of one … interesting record: The most money spent at Walmart in one trip. “I spent about $70,000 at Walmart in one night,” he said on HBO’s Real Sports. “I spent so much that American Express thought my card was stolen.”
What exactly was he doing? Furnishing his house after he had been traded, he said.
Luckily for O’Neal, he told Real Sports in a clip shared earlier this week that he now earns more doing
Lucy Lawless, actress (50)
John Popper, Blues Traveler singer (51)
Elle Macpherson, model (54)
Amy Sedaris, actress (57)
Marina Sirtis, actress (63)
Brendan Gleeson, actor (63)
Eric Idle, comedian (75)