George Clooney says he's too old and too rich to act! He says he used to act to pay the bills but not he doesn't need to so he'll only get in front of the camera if it's a really good role! Otherwise he wants to use his money to fight to get movies he believes in made!
*Selling Most Of Fox To Disney? - Rupert Murdoch-controlled 21st Century Fox has held talks to sell most of the company to Disney. The two sides are not talking currently, but held discussions in the last few weeks, reflecting a view among Fox executives that the firm could not gain the size needed to compete with Amazon, Netflix and other major media players. ABC-owning Disney, which under U.S. rules could not own two broadcast networks, would not purchase all of Fox.
*Elton John - The audience at a Broadway performance of The Lion King was treated to a special surprise in New York City this weekend when Elton John took the stage to sing the iconic hit "Circle of Life” from the film version.
Kevin Spacey has checked in to a rehab facility for sex addiction.
The actor is neighbors with Harvey Weinstein, who last month checked into The Meadows clinic in Arizona. It’s the same facility that also treated Tiger Woods.
The Meadows doesn’t come cheap. Sex addiction rehab is a minimum of seven weeks and costs over 50-grand. His rep announced last week that he’d take time to “seek evaluation and treatment.” More and more victims have come forward to tell about Spacey’s sickening behavior of unwanted sexual advances with teenage boys. (Daily Mail)
A source told Entertainment Tonight, "Spacey has not been communicating with people in his inner circle since. He’s been MIA, even from those closest to him.” These details suggest he’s entered rehab and they’ve restricted his access to porn by confiscating his phone.
Talk About It:
- Spacey waited to enter rehab until after handing out Halloween candy to kids. ICK
- The son of Richard Dreyfuss said Spacey groped him when he was a high school student.
- The Meadows treatment program for sex addicts includes counseling and “expressive arts” to deal with underlying issues.
- At this point, Spacey has very few friends and absolutely no career to speak of.
This week's new movies on video bring us one for the kids and one about an unbelievable childhood.
- Lightning McQueen, Mater and the gang are back in Cars 3. This time, Lightning sets out to show the younger generation of cars he's still the fastest racer around. Voice stars include Owen Wilson, Armie Hammer, Nathan Fillion and Cristela Alonzo.
- The impossible-to-fathom Jeannette Walls memoir The Glass Castle was made into a movie starring Brie Larson as Walls, Naomi Watts and Woody Harrelson as her absolutely insane parents and Ella Anderson as Walls as a child. Nomadic and constantly broke, the Walls children would regularly go without food and other needs while their parents frittered away money.
TV that's new to video includes season one of the acclaimed The Crown, season 15 of Family Guy, the eighth season of Heartland, series three of Poldark, the first season of Trollhunters and the first season of Westworld.
Harvey Weinstein [pr: wine-STEEN] is an even worse human being than previously believed.
A bombshell report reveals how Weinstein silenced his sexual assault victims by spying and compiling blackmail material on them. Weinstein hired private investigators trained by the Israeli spy agency called Mossad.
He coordinated with an executive at the National Enquirer. They exchanged emails on how the tabloid might tarnish the reputations of Weinstein’s many accusers. His hired spies would provide the sleaze.
Spies tricked Harvey's most vocal critic, Rose McGowan, into an interview by posing as feminist activists. They secretly recorded four conversations with McGowan, who Harvey eventually offered her one million dollars in hush money. She spoke up about Weinstein rather than take his cash. (New Yorker)
Talk About It:
- This report comes from Ronan Farrow, the son of Mia Farrow and creepy movie director Woody Allen, who married his step-daughter Soon-Yi.
- Ronan published the account of three actresses who accused Harvey Weinstein of rape.
- Weinstein spied on the journalists, including Farrow, who were trying to uncover the sexual harassment settlements. The New York Times found eight agreements with his victims.
- Weinstein found legal protection from David Boies, who is a liberal champion because he argued for marriage equality at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Weinstein possibly faces criminal charges in Los Angeles, New York City, London and Paris.
- One incident in Paris involved 20-year-old Paris Hilton in a women's public bathroom. (New York Post)
Mark your calendars! The American Idol reboot will premiere March 11th on ABC with a two-hour show.
Host Ryan Seacrest made the announcement on Monday's Live.
Ryan will be joined by judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan.
The singing competition will continue air once a week on Sundays.
American Idol originally ran on Fox from 2002 to 2016.
*Johnny Depp could see 5 homes vanish from his portfolio as his ex-business managers try to get him to pay back a massive loan.
The Management Group filed docs Monday to force a sale of Depp's properties -- all of which are in L.A. -- in order to cover the $5 million TMG says it gave the actor in December 2012.
In the docs, TMG says it agreed to bail out Johnny when he owed that huge chunk of change to City National Bank ... thereby saving him from an embarrassing financial collapse. TMG says the 5 houses were collateral for the loan, and since he's stopped paying ... they want the properties.
Depp's beef with TMG started in June when he sued the company claiming it mishandled his money, and took out loans in his name ... to the tune of $40 mil.
As for the foreclosure -- first reported by Deadline -- a judge still has to sign off before TMG can give Johnny the boot.