1. Thor: Ragnarok — $16.3 million
2. A Bad Moms Christmas — $17 million
3. Jigsaw — $6.7 million
4. Boo 2: A Madea Halloween — $4.7 million
5. Geostorm — $3 million
Thor: Ragnarok won the box office this weekend!
“The Lord Of The Rings” Could Come To TV-Another epic adaptation could be coming to television.
The buzz is growing that Amazon Studios is in talks to buy the rights to a “The Lord of the Rings” series. Warner Brothers Television owns the rights and is said to be tempted to sell. It makes sense for Amazon to be in the front of the pack considering their push to bring original material to streaming and the small screen.
Of course, the ink is not even on the paper, so we’ll keep you in the loop.
Source: Hollywood Reporter
Jimmy Fallon will air reruns this week.
He’s taking bereavement following his mother’s sudden passing on Sunday. In a statement, Jimmy said about his mother, Gloria, (quote) “Today I lost my biggest fan.”
Stephen Colbert, who is both a friend and late night competitor, agreed on Twitter, (quote) “Mom is the first audience and the best.” Colbert lost his mother four years ago. He took time off to grieve, then returned and paid tribute to her.
NBC stated, (quote) “We extend our deepest condolences to Jimmy and all his family at this time of enormous loss.”
“Twilight” Memorabilia Is Hitting The Auction Block-
Fans of Bella and Edward will be flocking to an auction of “Twilight” props.
While Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson didn’t have the relationship their characters did, at least fans to hold tight to some of their things. About 600 items are on the auction block at the Propstore.com today. They include:
Bella Swan's Crest CuffBella Swan's Charm Bracelet ComponentsBella Swan's High School DiplomaBella Swan's Hooded JacketDr. Carlisle Cullen's Volturi NoteEdward and Bella's Wedding Announcement
The sales is on through November 17.
The so-called Paradise Papers, released Sunday by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, reveal offshore holdings of a number of high-profile people, including Wilbur Ross, Rex Tillerson, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Bono and Madonna.
The holdings revealed include:
- Bono is part-owner of a shopping mall in Utena, Lithuania.
- Madonna has a piece of a medical supplies company.
- Keira Knightley has put money into a New Jersey-based real estate company.
- The Queen has millions stashed in a Cayman Islands Fund.
- Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross owns part of a shipping company that's gotten more than $68 million from a Russian energy firm, partially owned by Vladimir Putin's son-in-law. Ross did not reveal this information during his confirmation hearing. (New York Daily News)
Talk About It:
- The super wealthy need to do something with all their cash.
- The only real red flags seem to be the Queen's money in the Caymans and Wilbur Ross's ties to Russia.
- You have to wonder whether these people know where all their money is going. It could be invested by money managers without their knowledge.