Claire Foy Downplays Adam Sandler Touching-
”The Crown” actress Claire Foy was not feeling awkward when Adam Sandler touched her knee.
Foy wants to make that very plain after reports came out that the actress was not comfortable when Sandler put his hand during the taping of a British talk show. Her people have even released a statement saying “We don’t believe anything was intended by Adam’s gesture, and it has caused no offense to Claire.”
The moment, during “The Graham Norton Show” also included Sandler’s “The Meyerwitz Stories” co-star Emma Thompson who looked a little puzzled at his inability to leave Foy’s knee alone.
Source: Page Six
Gwyneth Paltrow really used her head to think of a funny Halloween costume. She posted the picture on her Instagram page, it was a costume that paid homage to the iconic twist at the end of the movie Se7en from 1995. The movie also starred then-boyfriend Brad Pitt. SPOILER ALERT: She's wearing a box over her head ....remember the part at the end where he head was in the box?
The Harvey Weinstein sex abuse scandal appears to be having an affect on his business.
The Weinstein Company's first movie release since the scandal came out this weekend and bombed at the box office. Amityville: The Awakening, a horror flick starring Bella Thorne and Jennifer Jason Leigh, opened in only 10 locations and earned a mere $742. That means fewer than 100 people paid to see the movie. (Variety)
- The poor opening weekend probably had very little to do with The Weinstein Company and more to do with the movie itself.
- Everyone associated with the movie will likely blame it on Weinstein.
- It's a sequel to the classic 1979 movie The Amityville Horror.
Veteran actor Christopher McDonald was arrested Saturday night for drunk driving and tried to play the "I'm a celebrity" card to get out of trouble.
Police in San Bernardino, California say McDonald drove his Porsche off the road and slammed into a gas meter. He was placed under arrest and while in custody, he tried to sway cops by telling them he was in Happy Gilmore. The 62-year-old played golfer Shooter McGavin in the 1996 Adam Sandler movie. (TMZ)
Talk About It:
- Police were apparently unimpressed with his Happy Gilmore credit. They're probably bigger Billy Madisonfans.
- This isn't his first DWI. He was arrested in 2013.
- TMZ says McDonald was seen chugging beer at an Oktoberfest event earlier in the day.
Kevin Spacey admitted to his 5 million Twitter followers that he is gay.
The 58-year-old actor was basically forced out of the closet. Another actor, Anthony Rapp, accused Spacey of trying to seduce him. Rapp felt compelled to speak now in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
His encounter with Spacey happened 30 years ago, when Rapp was barely a teenager. (quote) “My impression when he came in the room was that he was drunk. I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.” (Buzz Feed)
Spacey apologized to Rapp on Twitter and added, (quote) “I have had relationships with both men and women. I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life. I choose now to live as a gay man.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
Talk About It:
- The tentacles of the scandal are spreading wide. Nearly a half-dozen Hollywood executives have resigned this month due to allegations of sexual harassment.
- Anthony Rapp’s breakthrough performance was as the star of the '90s musical Rent. He currently stars in the TV series Star Trek: Discovery
- Twenty years ago, when he was up for an Oscar in American Beauty, Spacey denied gay rumors to Playboy magazine.
- Two years ago, Gawker published over a dozen first-hand accounts of Spacey cruising for young men.
- Sexuality has nothing to do with sexual assault. AND, revealing his sexuality is a ploy to distract from the alleged crime of attempted sexual assault of a 14-year-old.
- Spacey grew up in a different era when gay men in Hollywood hid their sexuality and married women for show.
- Jigsaw - $16.3 million
- Boo 2: A Madea Halloween - $10 million
- Geostorm - $5.8 million
- Happy Death Day - $4.7 million
- Blade Runner 2049 - $4 million
Jigsaw slashed its way to the top of the pre-Halloween box office heap with ticket sales of $16.3 million. But someone's head might still roll -- producers were hoping for $23 million or so.
Boo! 2: A Madea Halloween, which topped last week's tally, stuffed another $10 million into Tyler Perry's bank account.
The climate-change disaster drama Geostorm earned $5.8 million in its second week of release, while the gory Happy Death Day landed in fourth place on ticket sales of $4.7 million. Blade Runner 2049 rounded out the Top 5 with an additional $4 million.
The week's biggest disappointments? Matt Damon's dark Suburbicon, which brought in just $2.8 million, and the Sean Hannity-backed Let There Be Light, which sold only $1.8 million worth of tickets.
Ivanka Trump, first daughter (36)
Matthew Morrison, Glee star (39)
Gavin Rossdale, Bush singer (52)
Harry Hamlin, L.A. Law star (66)
Henry Winkler, "The Fonz" (72)
Grace Slick, Jefferson Airplane/Starship singer (78)