Summer blockbuster season is over and the kids are back in school -- and that means a lot more nights at home. So it's a good week for some new movies on video.
- Demetrius Shipp Junior plays Tupac Shakur in the bio-pic All Eyez on Me. Jamal Woolard reprises his role as Biggie Smalls.
- Supergirl star Melissa Benoist heads up the cast of Lowriders, a drama focusing on East L.A. car and gang culture. Eva Longoria is among the stars.
- Kate Mara plays the title role in the true story Megan Leavey, about a Marine Corporal assigned to clean up the Corps' K-9 unit -- who forms a special bond with a particularly hard-to-train dog. The all-star cast also boasts Harry Potter's Tom Felton, Bradley Whitfield and rapper-actor Common.
- Diane Lane and Alec Baldwin are a typically dysfunctional Hollywood couple in Paris Can Wait. Lane takes a car trip through France that opens her eyes to a slower, fuller life than she could have imagined.
- Rough Night is kind of a female-centered version of The Hangover. Five friends -- Scarlett Johansson, Kate McKinnon, Jillian Bell, Ilana Glazer and Zoë Kravitz -- reunite 10 years after graduation for a wild bachelorette party in which they accidentally kill a male stripper.
TV that's new to video includes season 12 of Criminal Minds; series 10, part two of Doctor Who; series four of Endeavour; the third season of The Flash; the seventh season of the Hawaii Five-0 reboot; the debut season of Kevin Can Wait; season two of Narcos; season 20 of South Park and season 12 of Supernatural.
*Terrell Owens will compete in season 25 of Dancing With the Stars. The former NFL star, who'll be paired with Cheryl Burke, made the announcement today (Tuesday) on Good Morning America. The full DWTS cast will be announced on GMA tomorrow (Wednesday).
*Another Star Wars director bites the dust. Disney says, "Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode 9," because their "visions for the project differ." In June, Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from the Han Solo movie over “different creative visions.” Ron Howardfilled in.
*Troy Aikman wed girlfriend Capa Mooty on the beach in Santa Barbara, California over the weekend. The Hall of Fame quarterback split with his first wife, Rhonda Worthey, in 2011.
*TNT has canceled Will -- which followed a young Shakespeare -- after one season.
- French magazine "Closer" published topless photos of Kate Middleton taken while she and Prince William were on vacation
- Kate and Prince William sued shortly after the photos were published back in 2012
- "Closer" has to pay $120-thousand while its editor and publisher owe about $54-thousand
The “Tonight Show” Adds To J.J. Watt’s Crowd Funding Total-
Shining the light on all the good things we saw happen after Hurricane Harvey, Jimmy Fallon added to the list.
Last night he announced that the “Tonight Show” was donating one-million dollars to J.J. Watt’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. In the announcement, Fallon noted "Last week, we saw the devastating effects of Hurricane Harvey on the state of Texas. But in the face of this tragedy, we saw good.” He went on to name examples, including Houston Texan star J.J. Watt’s relief fund, which has now surpassed its new goal of 20 million dollars.
The reason it did is because of the late night show. During the night's episode, Fallon also welcomed Victoria White, Marquist Taylor and their Houston gospel choir to sing a moving rendition of "Lean on Me."
Meanwhile, to shift moods, “American Horror Story: Cult” star Sarah Paulson took her turn at the “Wheel of Impressions” against Fallon and scored with Kathleen Turner, Holly Hunter, and Drew Barrymore. Who knew?
Source: Entertainment Tonight
First PDA Pic Of Jamie Foxx And Katie Holmes Is Shared-
For the first time since a celebrity couple started dating, they let secrecy veil down.
Yes, Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes are a couple and they showed it off by holding hands while walking on a Malibu beach. While everyone in Hollywood knew, the pair kept things out of the public eye…until now.
JamKat is official. Too much?