The new TV season starts next month. Some big names are pulling down big money to host reality, news and talk shows. Variety listed the top TV salaries.
- Ellen DeGeneres $50 million
- Judge Judith Sheindlin $47 million
- Ryan Seacrest $27 million ($15 million for Kelly & Ryan plus another $12 million for Idol)
- Matt Lauer $25 million The Today Show
- Katy Perry $25 million American Idol
- Kelly Ripa $22 million
- Megyn Kelly $18 million NBC News
- Robin Roberts $18 million Good Morning America
- Jimmy Fallon $16 million
- Stephen Colbert $15 million
- Jimmy Kimmel $15 million
- Pat Sajak $15 million Wheel of Fortune
- George Stephanopoulos $15 million Good Morning America
- David Letterman $12 million for a new Netflix deal
In theaters this weekend:
BIRTH OF THE DRAGON (Action)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? In 1965, in San Francisco, Bruce Lee, spurred by one of his students, challenges Shaolin monk and kung fu master Wong Jack Man to a martial arts fight.
WHO'S IN IT? Philip Ng, Xia Yu, Jin Xing, Billy Magnussen
- According to the IMDb, "The original cut of the movie was so poorly received by audiences that the film had to be extensively re-edited in a desperate attempt to please fans by removing many scenes of Billy Magnussen and focusing more on Philip Ng as Bruce Lee."
- The movie was shot in Vancouver.
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? An orphan girl dreams of becoming a ballerina and flees her rural Brittany for Paris, where she passes for someone else and rises to the position of pupil at the Grand Opera house.
WHO'S IN IT? Elle Fanning, Dane DeHaan, Carly Rae Jepsen, Maddie Ziegler, Mel Brooks, Kate McKinnon
- The budget was $30 million.
- Maddie Ziegler appeared on Dance Moms and starred in Sia's videos for "Chandelier" and "Elastic Heart."
- Titled Ballerina outside of the U.S.
ALL SAINTS (Drama)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? The true story of salesman-turned-pastor Michael Spurlock, the tiny church he was ordered to shut down, and a group of refugees from Southeast Asia.
WHO'S IN IT? John Corbett, Cara Buono, Barry Corbin, David Keith
- Described as a "Christian film."
- John Corbett and Barry Corbin worked together on the TV series Northern Exposure.
- The real All Saints Episcopal Church in Smyrna, Tennessee and farmland were used in the movie.
Taylor Swift: She's revealed the title of her new album, Reputation, and its cover art.
Rich Hill: The Dodgers pitcher lost a perfect game in the ninth inning and a no-hitter in the 10th when the Pirates Josh Harrison hit a game-winning lead-off homer.
Hillary Clinton: In an audio clip from her book, she says she felt like saying, "Back up, you creep!" when Donald Trump was stalking her on the debate stage.
Mitch McConnell: The Senate major leader says the Republicans and Trump are working on "shared goals."
Federal Trade Commission: It gave the green light to the Amazon-Whole Foods deal.
#Greenleaf: Fans are reacting to the latest episode of the OWN drama.
#Powerball: A single ticket sold in Massachusetts matched all six numbers in the $700 million jackpot.
Oprah Meets Up With Rising Political Star Justin Amash-
It looks like Oprah could be doing an interview for CBS’ “60 Minutes.”
Just what was discussed isn't being disclosed, but TV icon Oprah Winfrey and Congressman Justin Amash met yesterday for a talk at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and a fan took a picture.
It's believed Winfrey was talking to Amash for an upcoming segment on CBS' "60 Minutes," and fan Dorian Thompson managed to snag the picture with her when word started getting around the museum that she was there. Thompson then jokingly asked where was his free car.
Amash has not posted anything on Twitter about the meeting. The Libertarian-leaning Republican has been a critic on Twitter of President Trump and, at times, his own party.
Source: WOOD TV
Katy Perry Discounts The Hoff On “Idol”-
Katy Perry doesn’t have good odds on The Hoff being an “Idol” judge.
David Hasselhoff confirmed his reps are in talks to sit on “American Idol’s” judges panel, but the one who’s already there doesn’t sound too keen on it.
Katy Perry said in an interview“I know there's some people that are in play, and David's not necessarily been one of them, God bless.” She later added “I think that it's gotta be people that you respect in the music industry as far as people that you go, 'Oh, yeah, they have something to contribute as far as constructive criticism.’ ”
Interestingly, ABC has declined to comment and Hasselhoff’s negotiations.
Source: New York Daily News
...Speaking of Katy Perry, she's hosting the VMA's on MTV this year, .....Will Katy Perry do a duet with supposed rival Taylor Swift? That's the rumor going around BUT a producer says "That's not happening, as far as I know"
Rupert Grint, Harry Potter actor (29)
Chad Michael Murray, actor (36)
Marlee Matlin, actress (52)
Cal Ripkin Jr., MLB player (57)
Steve Guttenberg, actor (59)
Dave Chappelle, comedian (44)