As technology improves, we leave certain things behind...like, modems and compact discs and books! We picked our favorites from a list of "31 Struggles Kids Today Will Never Understand," below:
1. That heartbreaking moment when you tried to burn a CD and weren’t able to because there wasn’t enough space.
2. Going to the library and looking through so many books to work on a research paper.
3. Trying to figure out directions with a physical fold-out map.
4. Waiting for AOL dial-up.
5. Renting a VHS and finding that someone disobeyed the “be kind, please rewind” policy.
6. Running home from school to make it in time to see music videos on TRL.
7. Saving your papers to a floppy disk.
8. Trying to listen to your music while exercising, but the CD player keeps skipping.
9. Looking through endless Yellow Pages to find a number.
10. Waiting for your favorite song to come on the radio so you could record it to a tape.
11. Scratching your CDs and not being able to listen to your fave playlist.
12. Blowing on your cartridges to “fix” your Nintendo game.
13. Answering the phone without knowing who was calling.
31 Struggles Kids Today Will Never Understand http://t.co/9f1HMKVLmh— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) July 13, 2014
The sound of a dial-up modem...in case you forgot.