Before Facebook, Twitter & Instagram took hold of our lives there was AIM. AOL Instant Messenger seems like it ruled our youth. Through screen names and a/s/l/p questions, we all remember what the addiction was like...
1. These were the sounds of your youth, and you’ll remember them forever.
2. For starters, this Sign On screen makes you feel all sorts of nostalgic.
3. You knew the struggle of seeing your crush sign on and *hoping* that person would IM you.
4. Your profile had to be PERFECT!
Your AOL profile pic.twitter.com/SdVrSpR4WC— All Things Throwback (@allthingsback) May 12, 2014
5. You knew that AIM had its own language, and you mastered that language.