We all know about the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium & the Brewery but what are some of the hidden gems in St. Louis?! Check out the list and comment with some hidden treasures you love in STL!
1. St. Louis Bar Cycle - Do you like to cycle? Do you like to drink? Well we have good news. Saint Louis has its first bar on wheels. This bar is a 16-person bicycle- powered by you! Its the perfect party on wheels.
2. Parties in the Park – this is St. Louis’ “longest-running outdoor happy hour” in downtown Clayton. From May to September, the happy hour is the second Tuesday of each month and has entertainment such as Radiogram, Super Majik, and Griffin and the Gargoyles. Not to mention, there’s drinks!
3. Urban Chestnut Brewing Company – This small German brewing company is news to St. Louis, but don’t be hesitant to try their delicious craft beers! With beers like Zwickel and Schnickelfritz, they’re not only fun to say, but they’re fun to drink with friends. They are located off of Washington Avenue and Manchester Rd.
4. Citygarden – This urban sculpture garden in downtown St. Louis is two blocks long with sculptures, plants, and even water fountains the kids (or adults) can play in.
5. Old Post Office Plaza – This is a great spot downtown near Locust and 9th! Located by the restored Post Office (oddly), the plaza hosts a farmers’ market every Thursday night, is surrounded by downtown restaurants, and is great for Frontyard Feature movies.
6. Moolah Theatre & Lounge – This huge single-screen movie theatre has an eight-lane retro bowling alley and accompanies 40 lofts that give residents a beautiful view of St. Louis city.
7. Tivoli Theatre – This 3-screen theatre is in the Loop. It shows indie films, documentaries, and foreign films. It’s a true reflection of the art and entertainment of St. Louis.
8. Road Pony – This premier party bus rental company in St. Louis has a wide selection of party buses. They are old school buses made new with strobe lights, comfy booths, and some even have stripper poles!
9. Kemp Auto Museum - Immerse yourself in the art and history of the European automobiles. Kemp Auto Museum has over 40 classic and rare cars, and one of the largest private collections of Mercedes Benz in the world!
10. Circus Flora – This one-ring circus comes to St. Louis every summer and is great for family fun or even a date night (depending on what you’re into). It has aerialists, equestrian artists, and trained animals.
Had a great time with these guys pic.twitter.com/qQhsaQnbBU— St. Louis BarCycle (@stlbarcycle) March 29, 2014
Photo: Getty Images