If you've ever been to the State Fair, you might argue that America's strongest innovation is DEEP FRYING.
Here are 8 of the craziest fried foods being sold this summer at state fairs around the country.
1. Fried scorpion. (Arizone)
2. A fried stick of butter. (Iowa)
3. Fried beer (Texas). Basically a ravioli with beer inside. And, yes, you have to be over 21 to buy it.
4. Fried Kool Aid (California). Kool Aid rolled with dough and deep fried.
5. Fried Ice Cream Cheeseburger (Florida). It's a cheeseburger with a bun, cheese, bacon, lettuce, and tomato -- with a deep fried scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
6. Fried sugar cubes (Texas).
7. A fried 'Fat Elvis on a Stick,' (Wisconsin). Peanut butter, chocolate, and bacon rolled in banana batter and deep fried.
8. Fried White Castle burgers (California). Because you know they need more grease.
Photo courtesy of ShutterStock.com