Listen Live on  
 

KLOU

The Greatest Hits of the 70s and 80s for St. Louis
 
 

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow

 
Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow
Posted July 29th, 2014 @ 10:21am by Newsy, a Newser Video Partne

(NEWSER) – Plenty of people tend to fall asleep with their phones in their beds at night, but one 13-year-old's tale is cautionary, to say the least. Ariel Tolfree says her Samsung Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow after she went to bed, and she woke a burning smell. Her dad tells KDFW he thinks the phone overheated and the battery—a replacement, not the original—swelled while she slept. Newsy reports:

PHOTO: Newser

Recommended Stories

*